Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Green Acres is the Place to be...

Marlboro Man called me at wor to see if I could come home a little earlier then usual so I could help him pull his big grain truck to try to get it started with the tractor...I said I will be there!!

When I got home he made sure we could get started right away...I went out to get on the tractor...I haven't been on it in at least 15 years...he started it with a screwdriver and I chuckled...he had the chain and strap hooked between us and he told me to take off...in 2nd gear...it died as I knew it would so we had to idle it down and use 1st gear...by this time I am cracking up feeling totally like Green Acres...I have make-up and my hair in a decent fashion.only he looks like a dirty farmer with his old clohtes on NO SUIT...LOL!!!  He told me to make big circles around the yard and don't hit anything...after round three I was cracking up...kept looking back to see if it had started yet...the ducks ran clear of all that noise and hid...I was worried I might hit them...LOL!!! A big cloud of smoke came billowing out and it was started...now he made five rounds around the farm gettng it to run right...victory at last...the truck is started and I helped!!! Green Acres is the place to be...LOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Dad told me this story on the phone last night and it cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete