Sunday, May 22, 2011

Charleston, SC-a very historic city!!! Loved it!

I loved Charleston and could have stayed so much longer and hope to revisit it someday...everything about it was charming, historic, cultural, and a walking city...love love love it!!!


The people on the steps were dressed in costume form the 1800's...slaves were sold on these steps...amazing how we have moved forward in human rights!






The color historic houses...much more majestic then the pictures reveal!!!










































































Carriage tours...these were all over the city...want todo that when I revisit!!






































My freind Chris Riharb had two sons graduate from here...I thought this was hilarious!! I wished I had her phone number with me that day!!!





These baskets were everywhere...very expensive...the work that goes into the hand weaving is amazing!











































People sit everywhere and weave these in the market area..very artsy!






I loved the open markets!

































I had not eaten at a Bubba Gumps so here we were...great food!



















Fun signs in there...I was cracking up! Michelle and I loved this one so much!!!!!

















Bubba's...awesome!!!























It was a very great day...amazing how the city is built around the water and years ago that is how they survived...you can see the base form Charleston...the markets were a highlight for me, too...I bought rice bracelets there...the salves used to take rice string them on fine wire or string and dip them in metal to sell...they sell relicas of them...I bought a couple as that is very interesting to me...I wear one almost daily...reminds me of how far we have come...and that we should be so thankful for the freedoms we enjoy today!!! It was a great experinece and I encourage anyone wanting a kinda' quant city to visit it...there are bed and breakfasts...super place...but then I was with a super person!!



































1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Kim!!!! I too LOVE Charleston and all the surrounding areas!!!! Next time you visit go across the bridge over to Isle of Palms and go to the beach!!! My very happy place!!!! Also love the pic of you holding up the Citadel t-shirt!!! You will have to go and visit the campus also on your next visit!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete