Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lacey's Graduation from College

I woke up extra early Friday,May 13,2011...it was so awesome to think lacey was graduating from college...and not one but TWO degrees, one for Liberal Arts and one For Criminal Justice. She worked so hard, had many hair pulling moments, frustration, O so wanting to quit...but NOPE...perserverance and she was walking down the isle to be and alumni of Bismarck State College.

I tried on five different outfits, hurried to pick her up and drive her the hour to rehearsal...it was like the anticipation of her birth...made sure the camera was in my purse...checked five times so we could have these memories kept for a long time...share with others...my heart was pounding all morning...we finally were off...we were both stressed...she forgot her contacts made a u-turn back to get them...she had toliet issues ran to the hardware store to get a snake to try to fix it...we had to drop that off in high heels and dresses LOL!!! Then off again...the drive seemed SO LONG!!!

Got to rehearsal...I ran to pick up things for her open house on Saturday (May 14)...I was wondering the whole time is she OK...what are they doing??? Silly me!!

We went to get a bite to eat...we were both starved as I couldn't eat in the morning I was just way to nervous...I tried to be calm...inside I was between laughing and crying the whole time...this is a huge day...savor every minnute!!!

Back to the Bismarck Civic Center...I got great seats!!! I saved them for the boys coming...would we ever get to the graduation...WOW...here she comes...perfect view...camera all ready...then this OLD woman pops right in front of me and I snap the picture and have her BUTT...O I wish I had saved that picture to post right here!!! Can you believe it she had the cutest smile...well at least that is in my mind and heart forever!!! She walked down to her seat and kept smiling at us the whole time...I felt my heart would burst!!! What a great accomplishment!!! This is my little princess...my baby girl...wait she is a young woman ready to start her life and dreams of working with troubled juveniles...I tried not to cry or burst out laughing so Cliff and her dad wouldn't think I was crazy!!! So on the way home I had those moments!!! The choir sang the song from Journey and the first words were "Just a small town girl..." and I thought and how perfect for my little small town girl with BIG dreams!!!
This was just a perfect day...HUH...Friday the 13th...didn't spoil our day!!!

How can our baby be a college graduate???









Lacey's Big Day College Graduation!

2 comments:

  1. what a perfect song!!! I am so proud of Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this almost made me cry ! I am so proud of her what an accomplishment and I know you are so proud !

    ReplyDelete