Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother-Daughter May 6, 2011

























I was in charge of the Mother-Daughter Banquet for our church this year...I was very excited about it and decided on a Garden Theme. I planned the food and decided to have salads for the meal and then Dirt Cake for desert...putting them all in new flower pots...Sowing Seeds of Kindness was the title we used...I decorated the talbes with alyssum in small post with a few pots of moss roses, citrenella candles in small pales, watering can, and had it all ready just to get the decorations and put it up..my niece Gina was helping me...all of tis seemed great...then a friend of mine called needed a babysitter while she had surgery for her 16 month old great niece...how could I say no...well this little girl was super swet but super busy...so a small job turned into a huge job!!! I had to juggle bottles, diapers, naps, food and chasing along with decorating and cooking etc...each day I was so tired I thought I would drop...I gave her plastic containers and a spoon to keep her occupied and cook with me...the banquet was a success and eveything looked nicer then I ever thought...I made taco salad, macaroni salad, corn salad, fruit salad, and cole slaw. I made dirt cake for dessert...Recipes to follow for some of the salads. It was such a fun time to see the ladies have such a great time...O and the best part was my marlboro man watched the baby for about 2.5 hours...she did not cry once and he was such a great help to me for the eveing...when he was done and had to head home to do chores...my little Lacey took over and did an awesome job watching the little tike while I cleaned up...life in Crazy Town at its best!












No comments:

Post a Comment