Thursday, July 14, 2011

Veggie and Fruit Garden 2011!

This old canoe was dumped over a hill and one day when Lacey came out we went "pickin"...I got a great idea to use it for a garden or flowers...so Barry filled it with dirt and I put a ton of bulbs in there that did not come up for ever...so I gave up on them and put in two straberry plants from High Plains Concepts...Dawn helped me and they are growoing like crazy...all of a sudden the bulbs came up too...so now I have to dig all the bulbs out this fall and replant them...Barry put the decoration there of a cows pelvis...when we have fires in the fire pit he tries to tell people they are some aliens bones left..whatever!!! LOL!!


This is my garden made from a pallet...it is so easy to work in it...at waist height...Marlboro Man made it for me...we started small and now I believe I need two more for next year...I have tried to convince my son-in-law when he comes at Christmas if he can make me two for the following growing season...High Plains Concepts sold me the tomatoes and cucmbers for this great garden.





I harvested the Italian blend lettuce and got about two gallons of lettuce from that little bunch..it is so yummy!!! I cannot wait for it to reproduce again!







This stand makes it so comfortable to garden...I have three tomatoe plants and two cucumber plants...that is what survived...and its enough for the garden box anyway...thanks to High Plains Concepts for the veggies and Dawn who makes it special to come out and get things...she is super helpful and has great suggestions for flowers and gardens...when a person has great customer service it makes you want to go back time and time again...no question is too silly...she can explain what the flowers will do and what veggies will be best for what I am wanting to do with them...its been a great year for the gardens! Having a crazy time in the yard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment