Sunday, June 26, 2011

Laundry Soap Making 101.

What you will need...I found all of these products in our little hometown grocery store for under $12...enough to make three batches of laundry soap...even at the cheap laundry soap I am saving between $20-$30 on 237 OZ. laundry soap...about five bottles that do about 32 loads per bottle of regular laundry soap is waht one batch makes...I saved my bottles for a time, Washing Soda, Borax, Castle soap...some boiling water...then some warm water to mix the mess!

Shave one bar of the castle soap...it makes 2 cups what you will need.


Pour the 2 cups shaved soap into 1 quart of boiling water...until dissolved.


Pour the melted soap mixture into a pail with 2 cups Borax, 2 cups Washing Soda and 2 gallons of water. Mix well...use warm water (the 2 gallons). It becomes like a gel soap...I used a funnel to pour into the bottles...smells so clean and no perfumes...my family has had issues with perfumes in soaps. It took me all of 15 minutes to make this soap.



I did a load of towels to see how it worked and loved it. I am thrilled with the savings on laundry soap...recycling plastic bottles...and a great super inexpensive laundry soap.

I have always wanted to make laundry soap and thought it was way to hard for me...I came across some recipes from my daughter on a website so I gave it a whirl...was super easy...I feel like my Gramma Degrace would be proud of me...or some Gramma would LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment